[It seems like all my post are for birthdays. I guess if that's all I do at least I'm updating 7 times a year. That's pretty good.]
* * *
Little j turned 4 today. He is such a sweet kid. He is a very good helper and a sweet kid. He is the oldest one at home now and is really a great big brother to the two little girls.
His favorite thing is still sports. We put him in swimming lessons for the winter. We are planning to try soccer in the spring and baseball in the summer.
I still remember the summer after he turned two and Little a and t were in swimming lessons. He was too young to swim, so we played at the park adjacent to the pool. I let him choose the activity. He usually wanted to play baseball or basketball. He had a little plastic bat and ball and could hit a pitch. He also got pretty good at dribbling and passing a full sized basketball by the end of the summer. He got a lot of comments from such a little kid being so interested in sports.
He also likes pirates and superheros and making "projects". He makes projects every day. Projects usually consist of cutting up some paper and then taping it together and writing letters from the alphabet on in. He even asked Santa for rolls of tape for Christmas so he could make projects. If you come to our house he will make some kind of a letter or project and give it to you as a token of friendship.
He asked for a pirate cake for his birthday. We googled "pirate cake" and when he saw the treasure box cakes filled with gold foil candy he switched over right away. We opted to make his cheese pizza birthday dinner into a pirate treasure map with the treasure box for dessert.
At his age I usually have a friend birthday party. But Little j has friends of all ages that are important to him. Like the neighbor boys, age 12 and 13, from across the street that come play ball and tag. Or our friend from church, age 6, that sometimes can come play before he goes to kindergarten. I just didn't know how to do a party for kids of all different ages, so I think I'll wait till the weather is a bit warmer and have a BBQ and invite all their families over.
Here's a slide show of the last year with Little j. I'll add a few photos of his party too in case you don't want to watch the whole slide show. :)
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Love the pirate map pizza. What a fun slide show. You are so creative Andrea.
He's a cutie! And the pizza is awesome, hmmmm, I need to start thinking of different ideas for Caleb's birthday!
ripping paper, using tape, and making ABC's is a daily project at our house too. Allison calls it "making tards (cards)".
Cute! I can't believe he's four already. I like that you guys have pictures to put into a slide show... even if I only ever see them in a slideshow for a kid's birthday.
That is to cute! I hope to see your guys at some time. Glad the food looked good. I love the cake and the pizza!
Happy Birthday to J! :O) So when we first moved here I went through the blog list of Jenn Kines to try to get to know people and I had no idea whose blog this was and I just barely decided to go back through because I don't have many families from the ward on here....and I totally now know whose blog this is. :O)
p.s. if you'd like to view my blog it's private. I'd be happy to give you an invite. Here's my email
buckeyegirl84@gmail.com
Post a Comment