Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bucket List

I don't really have a formal bucket list (things you want to do before you kick the bucket.) I guess it's because I was fortunate to do a lot of really cool things when I was young. But one thing I've had in the back of my mind on and off is donating hair to Locks of Love. I always thought it was sort of cool and something I would like to do someday. Then recently my husband asked if I would cut my hair short. I thought if I'm going to cut my hair, then I want to donate it.

If you want to donate hair it has to be at least 10 inches, not bleached or highlighted and preferably not gray. I figured now was a good time. I'm not getting less gray and it's more likely that I will highlight going forward. I was blessed to be referred to an excellent stylist and here are the results.


Before


Barely 10 inches (My hair doesn't grow long well.)



Cut


Styled by Jennifer (she's so talented!)


Wearing it curly. (Yeah, the curls came back!)

8 comments:

Doreen said...

I'd love to do that someday, but my hair is so slow to grow, and looks so horrible long, that I don't it's ever going to happen. I love how curly your hair is short! Looks really cute. :o)

Camille said...

Very cute!!! I can't believe how long your hair was!

Katelyn said...

YEah! I've donated my hair before! It's great! And I just recently cut my hair short, the shortest I've had it in like 5 years maybe? It looks like you've got some spring back in your curls too!

jennifer said...

Thanks for letting me do this for you - it was so fun! The curls look awesome!

Our Wild Clan! said...

I absolutly love the straight look on you. Very nice. You should practice. It takes a lot to get good at doing your own hair. At least fo me. I just cut and dyed mine. I dyed it red, permed, and highlighted it. I like it so much.
Love yeah.

Erin said...

I love the haircut it looks really good on you! We have some friends here who do that every year...every year! It takes me like two years at least to get it past my shoulders...I think they take hair steriods or something. Good for you and I'm sure they were grateful for such a beautiful hair donation.

Brittany and Joe said...

Your hair is so cute! I'm glad you got the chance to do something amazing with your hair. I would like to do that one day, but I am still just working on growing out some of that old dye.

Laura said...

I love your hair cut! I had a similar one, but it was hard for me to keep up with the styling!