I'm probably going to be starting another blog. I thought about doing it tonight, but instead I'm just going to blog about it. We're planning to open a dance studio in my home. It was suggested that a blog would be a good way to advertise. I thought it was a great idea, but I think I'd like to keep the traffic to the dance blog separate from this blog.
Do I dance? Is that what I can hear you asking? Well, maybe a little. I probably can't dance any better than I can speak Spanish. But it my talented friends are going to be doing the teaching. They needed a space for a studio and that's what I have. I also have ambition to do something more. I think this is a really good cause. We need good wholesome recreation for our community. This dance studio will be COMMITTED to providing that. Dance can be wholesome and fun and a good way to learn grace and strength. We're planning to open in April. I know that's going out on a limb a little, but that's branching out, right?!!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good for you! Sounds fun. Will you have kids classes or adults or both? Good luck!
Wow! I took dance for years. Inexpensive local teachers are always the best and most affordable--especially if your ambition is just to have fun and get a little bit of culture.
Very cool! I hope it works out perfectly for you!
Andrea it makes me think of the song I Hope You Dance. Do you think you will be able to get the boys dancing too?
The initial plan is to teach ages 3 to 11. I think we'll focus on the girls. though Little J wanted to learn how to dance. Beth is really in charge of everything. She would like to do maybe some older kids and even Ballroom for couples. My other friend does ballet and she would also like to do an adult class. I think sort of as strength and flexibility class. We'll have to see how things go.
That sounds like so much fun! I hope it works out for the best and that you can learn a move or two.
Post a Comment