Sunday, December 14, 2008

12 Days of Blessings

We are now in our new house. We moved in the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Things didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. But there were a few blessings mixed in. The movers came on Monday and unloaded all our stuff. Nothing was missing or broken beyond repair (Blessing #1). Tuesday our car broke down on a major two lane road. (Blessing #2: if it had broken down the week before "little a" would have been stranded at school, if it had broken down one day later we would have been on our way to Wisconsin for Aunt K wedding which was the Saturday after Thanksgiving.) Blessing #3: within 5 minutes of the breakdown someone stopped to see if we needed help. Blessing #4: the person who stopped just happen to be driving a mini van with no occupants and could take me and my three children back to our house. Blessing #5: This kind person happens to have a sister who lives on the same block as us. Blessing #6: The sister came by to see if we needed anything. As it turns out both sister are members of the church we belong to. Blessing # 7: On Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, T was able to get our old car out of police impound and towed to a dealership, trade it in for $1000 credit toward a 2004 Hnda Oddesy. That was pretty impressive since everything seemed to be closing early. Blessing #8:We had enough of our kitchen unpacked that I was able to cook and impromptu Thanksgiving dinner for our family on Thursday made entirely of things I picked up at the grocery store that morning. Blessing #9: After canceling our plans to attend Aunt K's wedding we were able to find someone (my cousin Sh.) to watch all four of our kids at the last minute. Aunt K was beautiful and it was so nice to met Uncle J's family and welcome him into the family. I can still feel the glow as a recall everything now. Blessing #9: Although little J was sick on the way home Sunday he didn't have any incidents south of Chi., which was about an 8 hour stretch. Blessing #10: the US pres. gave T Dec 26th off work.

Maybe I should think of two more and title this my 12 Days of blessings between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's pretty easy. Blessing #11: T has a much better job than he had this time last year. Blessing #12:
"Little e" has started walking. She is so grown up. I can't believe she is almost one. With all my planning for Christmas I keep thinking in the back of my mind, what should we do for her birthday. Our family tradition is to have a shaped cake ( "little a" had a frog, "little t" had a smile, "little j" had a race car) and take the family to the zoo (hoping the one year old will recognize some of the animals from the baby books.) I think it might be a bit too cold to go to the zoo in January. We'll have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Camille said...

You're amazing and I love you. Wish you were closer so your goodness could rub off more effectively!

DeeAnna said...

Isn't it great when you can see past the bad things and find blessings. I'm glad you're getting settled, and that you have good neighbors! Merry Christmas!

Regina said...

what an inspirational post. Thanks. I hope more blessings keep coming!

Andrea said...

Honestly, if I was posting daily this story would have been much different. It took me a few days to step back and look on the brighter side. I really want this blog to be positive. Hopefully, through time, I will be able to post the blessings the same day they are received. It took me two weeks to step back and say "Wow! I was really lucky." The facts didn't change. I wish I could have seen it right away.