Monday, April 14, 2008

Looking Back

I got an invited on Goodreads.com today from one of my freshman roommates. There were six of us in the apartment and five of us were pretty close. I keep up with all of the others through blogs and e-mail, but one was long lost until today. It totally makes my day!

I credit this long lost roommate as being my sanity saver through the years we were roommates. I was a worrier and pretty immature. (I probably still am, but I'm getting better.) She taught me to be myself. She also insisted I not fret about grades. She set a great example of working hard, learning and keeping a balanced life. She also taught me all the words to songs from They Might Be Giants and the B-52's. Thanks for the good times El!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Good for you. I feel like I've won the lottery when I reconnect with an old friend. I hope my long lost friends think of me occasionally with fondness as I think of them.
Is that site a book club group?
MOM :)

Andrea said...

I've been poking around Goodreads a bit. I don't know everything yet, but you can do book clubs. It's been nice so far to read reviews of my friends. You can't judge a book by it's cover. So it's nice to have the advice of a few friends.