Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trick Dirt

I remember the first time I saw trick candles on a birthday cake.  The candles were lit, the lights were turned off and we sang Happy Birthday.  We all cheered when the candles were blown out.  But before they could turn the lights back on the candles had re-lit.  I remember being shocked and fluttery with excitement as I watched the candles being blown out and re-light over and over again.  Finally someone pulled them out of the cake and put them in a glass of water.  We all had a good laugh.

Well today I asked j to wash his face off after a snack (Mint Oreo shake from Steak and Shake.)  He went and washed, but a little while later I saw him with cookie all over his face still.  I knew the shake was gone, so I was confused.  When I asked him about it he said that the dirt just went back on there.  Aha! Trick dirt.  I knew it.  I think I my boys might have trick grass stains on their jeans too.

5 comments:

Brittany and Joe said...

Mmm I love me some steak and shake shakes. That's pretty funny and cute though. :)

DeeAnna said...

Hee-hee. And trick dirty laundry too!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Ha. Ha. That's funny. I agree, my boys must have the same trick dirt.

chicagosapps said...

We have the trick runny nose and the trick tangled hair at my house.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Hah! You have helped me to see what is going on at my house.