Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tagged


Senior Year Tag



Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be! At the end, choose 10 people (or more) to be tagged. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...
1. Did you date someone from your school? No, unless you count going to dances.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No!!!
3. Did you car pool to school? Yes, with my sister and my German sister Silke.
4. What kind of car did you have? 1970 (?) Chevy Luv. It was black with orange and yellow stripes. I thought it was great because it matched the school. Too bad I wrecked it the summer before my senior year.
5. What kind of car do you have now? Silver Honda Odyssey
6. Its Saturday night...where are you now? Getting my primary lesson ready, and trying to finish up those last few batches of laundry.
7. It is Saturday night...where were you then? Senior year? Probably doing homework or maybe hanging out with friends. Most of my best high school friends graduated before me. Senior year wasn't really my favorite.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked at scout camps during the summer. I kept pretty busy during the school year so it never occurred to me to get a job then.
9. What kind of job do you do now? Mom. I'm also helping my friends start a dance studio at my house. I see this more as community service though.
10. Were you a party animal? No
11. Were you considered a flirt? No
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No. I was a drama junkie. I was a stage manager.
13. Were you a nerd? I'm sure I was a huge nerd. I was in lots of AP classes, I was Chemistry Club President, wore braces, never "dressed up", but I think most people liked me anyway. I went to lunch with the senior class president and the student body president a bunch of times and even joined their group for senior prom.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No
15. Can you sing the fight song? ???? Most girls joined pep club sophomore year and learned that sort of thing, but I didn't.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mrs. W . . . I can't even remember her name, but she was my AP Chemistry teacher. She was a wonderful mentor.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? Somewhere in the middle.
18. What was your school's full name? Woods Cross High School
19. When did you graduate? 1995 (I sometimes forget this.)
20. What was your school mascot? Wildcats
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yeah, I probably would go back. It was a lot of fun. I was blessed with so many wonderful opportunities in High School. It would be great to do it again.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? It was very stressful for me, but everyone was really nice.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No, I pretty much lost contact with everyone I went to High School with by the time I started college in the fall.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Why?
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Not unless you count people I'm related to. It would be cool if I ran into someone I knew in high school. We moved a few months after I graduated and I haven't really seen many of them since then.
26. School Colors? Blue, Red and White (It was built in 1976, so everyone was feeling patriotic. The rival high school was red, gray and white, so most uniforms etc came out blue.)


I tag Abby, Camille and Doreen.

5 comments:

chicagosapps said...

How did you wreck your Chevy Luv? Anyone hurt?

You sound like you were a confident, happy, smart person in high school--just as you are now!

Andrea said...

That's a pretty good story. My sister and I were working at a scout camp up in the mountains. We worked Sunday night thru Saturday morning then went home for the "weekend" (to do laundry.) We carpooled with two other staffers from our area. It was something like a two our drive.

Some of the older college-aged staffers would stay at camp for the weekend. My sister, a new high school grad, thought that was a good idea. I begged my parents to let me drive since it was only three now. I was only 16 but I think the appeal of parents not driving two hours to drop us off, then two hours home, then turn around and do it again the next day finally won over.

The last leg of the journey was over a washboard - gravel road. The old responsible adults drove the gravel road at 15 MPH. The young "cool" college staffers drove the gravel road at 40 MPH, it seemed to smooth out the ride.

When we got to the gravel road I was not yet decided which was the best way to travel. I put the truck into 4 wheel drive and asked my passengers what they thought. (Note: my passengers were two junior high aged brothers.) They eagerly agreed that 40 MPH was the way to travel.

We got about a mile down the road when we came to the first sharp curve and flipped the truck. It was miraculous that we all walked away unharmed. The truck might have survived too, but there was some body damage and it wasn't worth enough to fix it.

The next year I was in biology class an my teacher (who was also a cop and worked for the forest service in the summers) started telling a story. It was my truck wreck story! I just knew he had found out and was going to embarrass me in front of the whole class. (He was a bit of a clown that way.) When he got to the end of the story it wasn't mine, but there were no survivors of the crash. I was in shock for the rest of the day. There is a good chance that could have been me. I'm sure our parents were praying for us and that we were protected from our own lack of judgment.

Andrea said...

Nice...a post within a post.... =o)

Mrs. W...as in Mrs. Wagstaff right? I totally loved her and I hated science, so in my book she was an awesome teacher! We need more teachers like her.

Andrea said...

It wasn't Mrs. Wagstaff. It was the teacher before her. She ended up teaching only math the year after I graduated. I had her name a few days ago, but now I can't remember it again.

Andrea said...

Mrs. Wheeler! That's who it was.