
So many little blessings today. E is 6 months old now. Dad called yesterday and when she heard his voice she said "Da-Da". Okay, she says "da, da, da. . ." all the time, but this was clear and concise. She has always been a Daddy's girl and is the first of our kids to say "da" before "ma." I think it means a lot to "T" that she seems to remember him.
I took the kids to the parade today. We got there late and forgot to bring the stroller or hats (at least I remembered sunscreen and the baby sling). I love parades and the kids love candy so we were glad to be there. Soon after we picked a spot that wasn't too crowded my neighbor saw us and let us sit by them. They gave me a chair to sit in which was nice since "E" slept through the entire show.
After the parade we walked down to the park and saw some friends from church who invited us to join their picnic. It was very refreshing. They had a big blanket laid out in the shade. The kids played at the playground and we enjoyed music from a polka band with surprisingly young performers. You've gotta love it!

4 comments:
what a great personality picture. How funny our oldest girls look nothing alike, but from the pictures, I think our baby girls do look related.
She is so cute! Did you enjoy the fireworks? I hope you remembered the bugspray. That stuff is as precious as gold this time of year.
What a cute baby. I'm so glad to hear you are doing stuff. I think that when you look back on your time without T at home you will see how often the Lord puts people in your path to help you.
Keep a journal.
It sounds like you're having a wonderful July. I wish summer were longer! I will have to try your veggie idea with my kids. You are so creative!
Post a Comment