Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day
Even though I have four kids it's still hard for me to think mother's day is for me. Yesterday at church, a youth speaker in our branch read four definitions of a mother. Two of the definitions followed along the lines of elderly respected women. Perhaps that is why I don't feel the pull. It's hard to celebrate the battle's won while you're still in the trenches. It's not that I don't feel like a mother. I am probably called mom more than any other name at this point. I have chosen to stay at home and raise my little ones, so I do a lot of mothering. But I see mother's day as being a celebration for my mothers not myself. So here's to my own mother and other wonderful women that have influenced my life. I would not be who I am today without the strength I gained from you. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what you mean. I feel like mother's day is for my Mom, not me too...
You are one of the mom's I look up to, I think you are spectacular.
I tried to email you some pictures, but do I have your old address? Email me!
Post a Comment